Phelps - Vilas County News-Review
GO
An image.
  • Raffle winner
    Levi Conley of Phelps won a stocking filled with Christmas cheer at the recent Warm The Children fundraiser hosted by Colin Crawford’s Guide Service and Phelps Outdoors with help from the Phelps Knights student council. Conley won the stocking through a Headwaters Food Pantry donation. Proceeds from the event will be donated to the Vilas County News-Review’s Warm The Children program. Taking part in the presentation of the stocking is
  • Phelps School has set their annual Christmas music presentation Monday, Dec. 17, at 6:30 p.m. in the small gym.

    The students, under the direction of Lisa Duquaine, will give a show featuring a performance by the elementary school, high school bands, choir, handchimes, and piano solos. There is no charge for the concert. Community members are encouraged to attend.
  • Breakfast fundraiser
    A Breakfast with Santa fundraiser was held recently, organized by Colin Crawford’s Guide Service and Phelps Outdoors with assistance from the Phelps School student council. Over 100 adults and children were served this year. Organizers said 90% of proceeds will be donated to the Vilas County News-Review’s Warm The Children program with the remaining 10% going to the
  • Sunrise Lodge in Land O’ Lakes will host an all-you-can-eat breakfast Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 15-16, from 7:30 to 11 a.m., in an effort to raise funds for area snowmobile clubs.
    Guests will have a choice of donating 100% of the proceeds from their meal to the Phelps Snowmobile Club, Land O’ Lakes Frosty Club, Conover
  • Phelps Fire Department and Phelps Fire Department Auxiliary are seeking donations to help purchase gifts for area children who may not receive many presents this holiday season.
    For the past eight years, the fire department has held 50/50 raffles at its December social, with all monies raised going to purchase
  • Students recognized
    Phelps senior Raeanna Perlewitz, left, and sixth-grader Aerowynn Marchant were chosen as Phelps Knights students of the month for December. Marchant was nominated by teacher David Justice who said, “Aerowynn is a student who cares about the quality of her work, is always willing to help others and has
  • A fundraising Breakfast with Santa to benefit the Vilas County News-Review’s Warm The Children program is set Saturday, Dec. 1, from 8 to 11 a.m. at Phelps School.

    The event is organized by
  • The Community Blood Center will hold a blood drive Thursday, Nov. 29, from 2 to 5 p.m. at St. Mary Catholic Church, located at 4494 Town Hall Road in Phelps.
    Blood donors must be
  • Lions donation
    The Phelps-Land O’ Lakes Lions Club recently donated $2,500 to the Headwaters Food Pantry in Land O’ Lakes. Taking part in the presentation were, from left, Lions Club members Brian Blank and Rollie Alger, Tom Chase of the food pantry, and Lions Club members Bill Reckling, George Hockers and Carol Hockers. —Photo By Sharon Gifford
  • A fundraiser to help the Vilas County News-Review Warm The Children (WTC) program is in need of baked goods for the annual Breakfast with Santa event set Saturday, Dec. 1, at Phelps School.

    Baked items can be dropped off at
Looking for something older? Try our archive search


Download Our App!
Get notified on Breaking News!